Take a Look Back at 2017
DC5G proves itself as the event for progressive and holistic 5G conversation
On October 11, the DC5G Summited welcomed 150 professionals to Washington D.C. to network, collaborate and debate capabilities and challenges surrounding the upcoming 5G rollouts. The conversation was lively, questions were plentiful and everyone left the DC5G Summit with the feeling that progress had been made. DC5G will be back in 2018 and as the 5G opportunity grows, so does this event. We’re expanding to a two-day event in 2018 and adding table top exhibits so that leaders in the 5G ecosystem can show their technologies and services. Plan to join us November 12 – 13 at the Capital Hilton in Washington D.C. Here's a sneak peek at what happened in 2017:
ICYMI, here are a few highlights from the 2017 Summit:
- Samsung shared live video feed of the Verizon 5G trial apartment in Pentagon City, VA, showing multiple 4K streams playing along with various computer, tablet and phone usage.
- According to Cisco, 5G will be successful because it enables the B2B ecosystem. Where B2B makes money, there are investments.
- Intelsat talked about their vision on the role satellite operators will play in the 5G rollout, and delved into the joint FCC filing with Intel on shared spectrum usage in urban areas.
- Google called “indoors the new battlefield for cellular,” sparking the debate on what is the right architecture for fixed deployment of 5G.
- The race is on! Repeatedly mentioned throughout the day is the desire of the United States to be first in the 5G race, but Japan and South Korea are honing their strategies to be winners.
Who attended DC5G in 2017?
Association - 21%
Telecommunications Service Provider - 19%
Government Agency - 18%
Satellite Service Provider - 15%
Ground Systems/Hardware - 12%
Legal/Analyst - 6%
Finance/Investment - 5%
Other - 4%
Here's what some attendees had to say:
“The level of discussion was very in-depth and of great quality. More so than the typical show. Longer panel discussions allowed audience involvement and great questions with followup questions.”
- Harry Smeenk, Vice President, TIA Program Development
“The summit, through a diverse range of speakers and topics, gave us an idea where 5G is going and how we will need to adapt to best serve our carrier and enterprise clients.”
- Brendan Delaney, Program Manager, ANS Advanced Network Services, LLC
Ready to join the race to 5G? Contact Michael Cassinelli today at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-301-354-1691!